If you are looking for something sweet and low FODMAPs isn’t cutting it, give this a try for dessert or breakfast treat.
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, halved
- 1 tsp melted unpasteurized raw honey or a few drops of stevia to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- zest from one orange
- 1/4 cup parsnips, very finely diced, about 5mm cubes (can also use rutabagas)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- liberal sprinkling of cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together rhubarb, strawberries, stevia, vanilla extract, and orange zest and place in baking dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until fruit is soft.
- In the meantime, heat coconut oil on medium heat in small frying pan.
- When oil is hot add parsnips and fry, stirring often, until starting to brown. Be careful not to burn them!
- Sprinkle parsnips with a liberal amount of cinnamon and season with a dash of salt.
- Place fruit in serving dish and top with parsnips.