Yummy Raw Food Balls
So I was looking for a quick to prepare snack for a group of ladies and came up with these. Hope they enjoy them as much as Trevor, I had to make a second batch already!!
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup almonds (no skin)
1 cup cashews
1 cup pecans
2 1/2 cups mejdool dates (pitted and chopped)
1/2 cup unsweetened dried flake coconut
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cocoa
2 tbsp raw unpasteurized honey (or to taste)
1/2 cup chia seeds or hemp hearts
optional: 1/2 cup goji berries or cacao nibs (or 2 tbsp ground espresso if you want a kick!)
1) Use a food processor to blend pumpkin seeds into a coarse meal.
2) Add almonds, cashews and pecans. Continue to blend until all are uniform and coarsely ground.
3) Add dates a few at a time and continue to process. The dough should be about the texture of a loose cookie dough with small chunks.
4) Add coconut, coconut oil, cocoa and honey. Continue to process until mixed.
5) Mix in the chia/ hemp and any additional mix-ins by hand.
6) Roll the mixture into balls by hand and place on a cookie sheet. Cover and place in fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Frances Wang, ND
A naturopathic doctor who believes eating healthy can be fun too!