· Not getting adequate sleep
· Consuming highly refined, nutrient deficient, sugary foods
· Physically, mentally or emotionally stressed
The best way to treat a cold is to avoid getting one in the first place!!
The common cold is transferred by sneezing, coughing and person-to-person contact, so washing hands is the most important thing. Also, avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth before washing your hands.
If you do get a cold, there are some things you can do to stop it in its tracks, including:
· Get warm! Eat warm and cooked foods, put on extra clothes, or ask your ND about warming socks.
· Get lots of sleep and reduce stress.
· Avoid sugar, dairy and bananas- they increase mucus!
Dr Katie Coombs, ND can help direct you to appropriate supplements for your immune system and let you know if IV nutrition or immune boosting homeopathics are right for you.